Working in Digital Media Interviews
This weeks guest speaker was Maria brown. Maria is a Careers Developement manager here at ITB. Maria is going to talk to us about interview skills.
There is alot of prepartion that you must put into an interview, here are some key ones:
- Know everything that you put on your C.V , nothing worse than being asked about your C.V and not knowing the answer
- Research the company – Make sure you know at least the basics about the company, Go online and look at the website and if possible talk to somebody that works there.
- If possible research as much as you can about the postition that you are going for and know what will be required of you.
The Interview – For the interview make sure that you are dressed smart and be organised or you wont be getting the job.
You can never quite know what you will be asked in the interview but there are some basic and common questions of which you will probably be asked a couple . So learn the answers to these :
- What are your stong points?
- What are your weak points?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
- What type of people do you find it difficult to work with?
Note: when answering questions try not leave an answer on a negative and try finish it off positive.
And that was all for the Lecture, then i went off and done my interview. It went pretty good , i mean i am normally hate interviews and presentations but i was prepared and i felt alot more comfortable about 3 – 4mins into the interview.
Hope i get good results.
Until next year,